What are the key facts regarding the new facility?
- The new facility is approximately 40,000 square feet and replaces a facility that served the community in a variety of roles since 1915.
- The Club is designed throughout with program flexibility and options. The major pieces are a new Boys & Girls Club, a designated High School age Teen Center, and a Field House.
- The project was completed in late June 2010.
What are the main features and programs that make the Peak an incredible asset for its members?
- The designated High School Teen Center has 2 study/class rooms(one with computer work stations), a large games room with multiple seating and tv locations, an outdoor terrace, wi-fi,.
- The top floor also serves host for a teaching kitchen, a sound recording studio, that also can serve as a performance space for dances, battle of the bands, open mic., nights, dance classes, etc…
- The gym offers drop-in times after school and on weekends for Teen members.
- The fitness mezzanine offers a space for cardio machines for kids wanting to work out.
- There is also an Arts and Crafts room on the main floor.
- The Boys & Girls Club space has 2 classrooms, one with computer work stations, and an age-specific games room.
The Club is a huge step forward for our community with a new facility, controlled ingress and egress points, and is built to modern earthquake and life safety standards.