Middle School After School Program
Our Middle School Program allows youth to meet new friends, do homework, go on field trips, play games, shoot hoops and have a BLAST! Members are transported to the Club by Mercer Island School District transportation. Please contact the school district to set that up at 206.236.3335.
Dates: August 31 through June 15 (Camps are offered for non-school days)
Cost: 1 time a week $75/month
2 times a week $100/month
3 times a week $120/month
4 times a week $140/month
5 times a week $160/month
Want to enroll your teen in our after school program? Contact Dena Harkovitch 206.436.1952
Mercer Island Middle School Dances
September 16 (6th grade)
October 14 (7th/8th grade)
November 18 (6th grade)
December 9 (7th/8th grade)
January 13 (6th grade)
February 10 (7th/8th grade)
March 10 (6th grade)
April 7 (7th/8th grade)
May 12 (6th grade)
June 9 (7th/8th grade)
The cost for MI Boys & Girls Club members to attend the dances is $5, non-members are $10. ASB cards are REQUIRED for anyone to attend the dances.
*Note: Dates are subject to change, so please check site frequently.
- Be Safe:
- No running or throwing anything
- Keep dance moves SAFE!
- Alcohol, drugs, and firearms are prohibited. If you appear to be under the influence, you will be removed from the dance and a parent will be contacted.
- Be Respectful: appropriate dancing only
- No grinding, with or without physical contact
- No provocative dance moves
- No PDA (Public Displays of Affection)
- Be Responsible:
- Keep food and drink in the Teen Center only. NO GUM ALLOWED.
- Once you leave the building, you may not re-enter. Please stay inside the building.
The dance will begin at 7 p.m. and end at 10 p.m.
*Please note that a Police Officer is always on site for Middle School Dances.
Consequences for not following these expectations:
In order to be able to continue to offer this activity for our community it is vital that all who attend follow these rules. Failure to follow any of the set rules will result in removal from the dance and parents will be contacted.
The MI Boys & Girls Club follows the Mercer Island School District Dress Code and Code of Conduct!
Dress Code Expectations
The following guidelines should aid parents and students in selecting the proper attire for school.
1) Tank top straps must be at least three fingers width.
2) No midriff showing.
3) Shorts and skirts must be fingertip length.
4) Shoes must be worn at all times.
5) Clothing that displays tobacco, drugs, alcohol, obscenities, or sexual innuendoes are unacceptable.
Interested in Chaperoning?
Please see the application below, fill out, and return to the Club. Contact us for any additional information at 206.232.4548!
Junior Staff Program/Volunteer Opportunity
Explore a career in youth or human services, participate in career development activities, and discover the importance of volunteering and build customer service skills by completing a Club apprenticeship.
Who: 9th-12th Grade
Training/Orientation: Available by appointment
Contact Dena Harkovitch to register or with questions 206.436.1952