Renton/Skyway Teen Summer Experience 2018
CAMP DATES: June 25 – August 24, Closed Wednesday, July 4
GRADES: 6 – 12
CAMP HOURS: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Teens should arrive no later than 10 a.m.
CAMP FEES: $50 Membership Fee for new members
$175 per week
REGISTRATION OPENS: February 5th 2018 – To register please click here. Then select what week you want to register your child for. Then click on "Log in" located at the top right of the Dash web page and then click "create account" and follow the instructions.
LIMITED SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! Please request an application if you are asking for scholarship consideration.
Our Teen Summer Experience is a multi-faceted program that will get our teens engaged and stay satisfied all summer long! We plan our weekly schedules to be a comprehensive program filled with skill building, camaraderie, self- awareness , community service, physical activity, field trips, healthy eating and STEM, all while addressing the loss of summer learning. But MOST importantly, all activities are infused with a huge dose of FUN! Our goal is to nurture and sustain the whole person ~ mind, body and soul! Our teens are a special part of our Boys & Girls Club family and deserve extra support and engaging programming. Our dedicated and experienced teen staff are committed to delivering a high quality and enjoyable teen summer experience!
Some of the highlights of our summer program include:
- Week 1 - Big Bang Theory! (Physics - Study of Motion)
- We are CLOSED July 4th, (Happy 4th of July!)
- Week 2 - E=MC^2 Awesome (Electrical Engineering / Robotics)
- Week 3 - GOT SCIENCE? (Biology - Study of Life)
- Week 4 - UDUB NASA Blast Off (University of Washington NESSP STEM Workshops)
- Week 5 - World of Code (Software Coding)
- Week 6 - Fast and Furious (Mechanical Engineering/Auto Mechanics)
- Week 7 - Food Wars (Molecular Gastronomy)
- Week 8 - Are You Dreaming? (Virtual Reality Application Development)
- Week 9 - Fly Away (Aviation, Rockets and Space)
- Summer Brain Gain - Summer Brain Gain is comprised of one-week modules with fun, themed learning activities for elementary school, middle school and high school students. Each module takes a project-based learning approach: youth engage in a process of learning through discovery, creative expression, group work and a final project or production.
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) - robotics, coding (Java Script, HTML, CSS, Python, and more), architectural engineering workshops, electrical engineering workshops, mechanical engineering workshops and STEMwars our own creation of learning based on Jeopardy!
- Career Launch - exploring potential careers and creating a road map to get there!
- Community Services - how we can be of service to self, family and community; planning and implementing projects throughout the summer.
- Triple Play - our comprehensive health and wellness program that incorporates healthy relationships, physical activity and good nutrition.
- Be Ready - Getting members ready for grade transitions; into middle school, into high school; into college or career.
- Field Trips - to local college campuses, Microsoft and The Gates Foundation visitor centers, Snoqualmie Falls, Renton Farmers Market, Seattle Aquarium, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle Mariners, movies, museums, local parks and other Boys & Girls Clubs!
- On-site classes provided by the Pacific Science Center.