Renton/Skyway Teen Summer Experience 2017
CAMP DATES: June 26 – August 25, Closed Monday, July 3, and Tuesday, July 4
GRADES: 6 – 12
CAMP HOURS: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Teens should arrive no later than 10 a.m.
CAMP FEES: $50 Membership Fee for new members
$150 per week
REGISTRATION OPENS: May 1, 2017 – PLEASE CONTACT Chardae Dennis at 206.436.1920 or register in person at the Club Monday-Friday from 2 p.m. -6:30 p.m.
LIMITED SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! Please request an application if you are asking for scholarship consideration.
Our Teen Summer Experience is a multi-faceted program that will get our teens engaged and stay satisfied all summer long! We plan our weekly schedules to be a comprehensive program filled with skill building, camaraderie, self- awareness , community service, physical activity, field trips, healthy eating and STEM, all while addressing the loss of summer learning. But MOST importantly, all activities are infused with a huge dose of FUN! Our goal is to nurture and sustain the whole person ~ mind, body and soul! Our teens are a special part of our Boys & Girls Club family and deserve extra support and engaging programming. Our dedicated and experienced teen staff are committed to delivering a high quality and enjoyable teen summer experience!
Some of the highlights of our summer program include:
- Summer Brain Gain - Summer Brain Gain is comprised of one-week modules with fun, themed learning activities for elementary school, middle school and high school students. Each module takes a project-based learning approach: youth engage in a process of learning through discovery, creative expression, group work and a final project or production.
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) - robotics, coding (Java Script, HTML, CSS, Python, and more), architectural engineering workshops, electrical engineering workshops, mechanical engineering workshops and STEMwars our own creation of learning based on Jeopardy!
- Career Launch - exploring potential careers and creating a road map to get there!
- Community Services - how we can be of service to self, family and community; planning and implementing projects throughout the summer.
- Triple Play - our comprehensive health and wellness program that incorporates healthy relationships, physical activity and good nutrition.
- Be Ready - Getting members ready for grade transitions; into middle school, into high school; into college or career.
- Field Trips - to local college campuses, Microsoft and The Gates Foundation visitor centers, Snoqualmie Falls, Renton Farmers Market, Seattle Aquarium, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle Mariners, movies, museums, local parks and other Boys & Girls Clubs!
- On-site classes provided by the Pacific Science Center and the American Heart Association Kids Cook with Heart.