The mission of the Wallingford Boys & Girls Club is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
The Boys & Girls Club has been serving the Wallingford community since 1947, providing a safe and caring place for youth. The Club's educational and recreational opportunities include child care, homework assistance, art instruction, technology access, athletics and much. We reach more than 1,000 youth each year. Our youth development program, located at the Burke 45th Street site, is at the heart of the Club's mission and provides a quality afterschool environment for local youth at no charge beyond the $36 annual membership fee.
We strive to provide the type of environment that leads to successful youth development:
- Safe, stimulating program areas that provide learning opportunities for all
- A separate programming space and late-night recreation options for teens
- Low staff turnover and a focus on building relationships with members
- Respect for all families, regardless of circumstances, and a commitment to family partnerships
- An open and inclusive environment that welcomes all members, including those with disabilities
- A focus on fun learning experiences
- Emphasis on behavior expectations and helping youth to develop good decision-making skills
- Fun programs in technology, athletics, art and more that speak to the interests of all youth
We continue to grow our programs and increase their quality each year, and our staff are dedicated to providing the best experience for our members. Staff members at our Burke 45th Street site and in our three licensed child care facilities work daily to ensure that we are fulfilling our mission.