Sign In

History

Wallingford Boys & Girls Club has served the youth of North Seattle since 1947. Any youth—regardless of age, gender, race or ethnic background, religion, sexual orientation, economic status or disability—may become a member of the Club. We provide a variety of programs to meet the needs of families and the community. We emphasize our core youth development strategy in everything we do, and encourage our members towards positive growth by providing an atmosphere that is fun, safe, educational and inclusive. A youth development program ("Drop-In"), teen programs, and summer programs are available at our Club.  Wallingford's program philosophy is to take a guidance-based approach to youth development through the utilization of strong, positive mentors and teaching interactions. We emphasize programs that help members succeed academically and physically, and emotionally.  

The Club was chartered in 1947 and is the second-oldest Boys & Girls Club in Washington state.  We have been at our 45th Street and Stone Way location since our inception in the heart of the Wallingford neighborhood. In the 1990s, the number of members attending daily became too great for the building's capacity.  Considering the long-term relationship of the Club and the community, along with the voices of hundreds of alumni, it was decided that renovating the original space was the best option.  The Club's renovated space has been serving the community since 2007, and serves over 160 Club kids and teens daily.    

Our mission is "To inspire and enable all young people, especially those that need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens."