Volunteering with Youth
There are many ways to get involved with Boys & Girls Clubs. A contribution of your time is a wonderful way to make a difference.
Background checks are a legal requirement that ensure member safety and must be completed prior to volunteer placement. To start this process, you will be asked to fill out and return our Volunteer Application.
Please contact Education Director Clara Thompson or call 206.436.1930 to find out what volunteer opportunities we have and where your time can make the biggest impact.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Tutoring (helping with homework and projects in a formal setting)
- Working directly with youth (informal academic support, playing gym games, shooting pool)
- Administrative support (mainly filing and organizing)
- Operational support (making snack, helping to clean, maintaining the facility)
- Arts & crafts
- Special projects (leading a photography or cooking program)
WBGC Advisory Board
If you are interested in supporting the Club's fundraising efforts by joining our Advisory Board , please contact Meghan Sweet or call 206.436.1932 to find out what opportunities are available. Our Club Advisory Board is integral to making the Club a success, supporting fundraising efforts, providing time and counsel to Club staff, and working directly with youth.