Dear Boys & Girls Club Community,
Every day, 2,000 young people in King County walk through our doors into a caring, thriving community of friends, mentors, and caring adults. This is the work of Boys & Girls Clubs of King County – to empower young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential.
Reflecting back on 2017, I couldn’t be more humbled and proud of the youth development professionals I am privileged to call my team. There have been moments of greatness, along with a great deal of hard work and heart work.
Looking back at the last year…
- We kicked off our 75th Anniversary year, and will be celebrating all the people who helped us get here along the way.
- We began a deep dive into our business model, so that we may serve more kids and serve them better than ever.
- We doubled down on our mission of serving kids who need us most by establishing partnerships to more effectively serve foster youth and other young people who are facing significant barriers.
- We deepened our commitment to stewardship of our volunteers, our staff and our kids.
- We are poised to start 2018 with new initiatives that will strengthen our organization and contribute to King County being one of the most vibrant and child-centered communities in our country.
We can only do this work with your support. Thank you to you – and our thousands of volunteers across the community – for investing your hearts, minds, and resources in our children. Our children are our future, and our future is bright indeed.
Lisa H. Chin, PhD