Posted on: January 25, 2022
Share on Social Media
In December, 133 teens participated in YouthForce’s (YF) Resource Fair where they participated in college and career readiness workshops. They showed up, invested in their futures, and began turning their dreams into reality.
Youthforce, is our workforce readiness program that prepares youth for success in their first jobs and creates a clear pathway to their chosen career goals. Our all-encompassing readiness program gives teens experiences ranging from interview and resume workshops to college application support and financial literacy classes. The participants are given the tools they need to be successful now and for many years to come.
Sigrid Batara, the YF Executive Director, is invested in supporting teens as they explore various career paths. She has some incredible goals and visions for what’s to come in 2022 and beyond! Some highlights include:
- Creating opportunities for connection events especially for our BIPOC youth, including an mentor sessions with BAM (Blacks at Microsoft)
- Growing community partnerships and reaching more youth with our programming
- Building a partnership with Friends of Children so more teens can benefit from our workforce readiness program
- Integrating small local businesses into our programs
- Expanding our workforce readiness programs across the county
With so much on the horizon and with the potential to reach more teens, we are so excited for all that’s to come in 2022! We’re here to continue to support teens as they dream big and reach their goals.
Upcoming YouthForce Events:
- YouthForce Metaverse – Wednesday January 26, 2022, 4pm
- Virtual Events hosted every Wednesday at 4pm (see the poster below for more info and to sign up)
- Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSec9WzNuBvjcgUENyWmriHifvXMfG3r3_Pj_5kDOXNfQgElYA/viewform